Im using blender 2.75a. After I export my uvmap from blender, edit it in photoshop and try to reopen the psd file in blender. I don't see the changes I made in photoshop. Instead I see totally white background and no textures applied on my character. Is there some other way of texturing uv map in blender 2.75a? or am I doing something wrong?
Even though PSD is not presently listed among Blender's supported image formats, it is partially supported. Some PSD features will work and some will not.
Excerpt from the link Ray Mairlot has provided:
- 8-bit images (with or without alpha)
- 16-bit images (alpha discarded)
- Photoshop files saved with 'Maximum Compatibility'
- Cycles, Blender internal, BGE (and player)
(due to OIIO dependency):
- Images with less than 4 channels show a wrong thumbnail (bug may be in OIIO)
- Packed images are not supported
- We do not write PSD files.
So if you want to be sure your images will work in blender, you can either:
- Export your texture in a fully supported format instead, such as EXR, TIFF, JPEG, or PNG. (If it contains transparency data, use PNG, EXR, or TIFF.)
- Stay within to the guidelines of "What Works" to keep your PSD files compatible.