I have been working on this sculpt and noticed when trying to mirror that the point of origin for the model has been moved. How do I reset the location of X and all rotations to zero without moving the object?
Here's one way which assumes your object is centered over 0,0,0:
- Snap the 3D cursor to the object's origin (⇧ ShiftS)
- Depending on the orientation of your object, set the 3D cursor's location to 0 along one axis (based on your screenshot you'll want to set it to 0 on the Y axis)
- Snap the origin to the cursor (⎈ Ctrl⇧ Shift⎇ AltC)
Here's two ways you can reset your origin point and both are really easy:
- Go to object mode, press and hold [Ctrl] [Shift] [Alt] [C] and a menu should appear. Simply select "Set origin to centre" if you want it to appear in the centre of the grid.
If you want it to appear somewhere else, simply click where you want it to be(so the circle and crosshairs appear there) then do the method above but this time, select "Set origins to 3D cursor" and viola! Your origin point has been moved :)
If you find that a bit difficult, here's another method you can try:
- Go into edit mode, select all of the model by pressing the [A] key, then simply drag your model until the origin point is where you want it to be on the model, then simple go to object mode and move the model back to the centre or wherever you want it(the origin will stay there now.