I'm going to try and use the BGE to do a simple arch-viz. But before I commit to that I need to make sure I've got the ability to publish an EXE for the presenter who will be showing it to the client.
I created a simple BGE scene that simply spins the camera around a cube when the user hits a key. It works just fine in Blender.
I then published it to EXE using the Save As Game Engine Runtime (v0.3.1) per the Blender Wiki instructions. The EXE is created, the dlls are all copied over. But running the EXE gets me a brief console pop up and then immediate crash.
I've tried with both official 2.75 and the 2.76 test build with the same results.
I'm on Windows 7 Professional.
Blend file is here: Dropbox
Thanks for any and all assistance.