I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly pin cloth to a moving object. The cloth is acting as a mane for a horse and therefore needs to be pinned in multiple places. I've looked at several tutorials but can't really 'transfer' the technique used to get the result I want. How can I pin cloth to multiple points on a moving model?
- Select the cloth. Enter Weight paint mode with CtrlTab, assign weights of 1 to the vertices you want to pin (paint with brush these vertices red)
- In cloth physics settings, check 'pinning' and select the vertex group
- Then enter Object mode with CtrlTab. Make sure to select the cloth first and then the object you want to pin on.
- Parent the cloth to the object with CtrlP and select 'Set parent to object'
- Pin a vertex group in your cloth sim settings
- Hook those pin vertices to something. For my test I used Ctrl-h to hook them to a new empty. You will probably hook them to a bone or something.
- Go into the modifier panel and move the Hook-Empty modifier above the cloth modifier in the stack.
After doing that, I was able to drag the cloth around by animating the empty.