I would like to visualize my Data in a efficient and individual style.
My Data is in form of a .CSV file and consists of 700000 data sets. (later i want about 20 million to be visualized)
One dataset has three information: Longitude (X-Coordinate), Latitude (Y-Coordinate) and a Timelinevalue (Z-Axis).
I managed to create a vertex-cloud using the CSV-Mesh-Importer Blenderartists CSV-Mesh-Importer. The result is one object with my 700000 vertices...... So far so good. But to make some kind of Infographic i want to use Dynamic Paint.
In the next step I:
- animated my cloud and pushed it through a plane (linear movement on Z-Axis).
- subdivided my plane and set it to Dynamic-Paint Canvas
- set my vertices to Dynamic-Paint Brush
- set Dynamic Paint Source to Proximity
- Dynamic Paint Source - Paint Distance to 0.1
If only i could set the Paint source to vertices.... ;-)
I had to convert all vertices into little triangles or rectangles (extrude 2x)
With the quadruple number of vertices i got a visualization. ....Not really satisfying
- Is it possible to convert my datacloud into a Particle System?
- Can I teach Dynamic Paint to read out the vertices of the object?
- Should i try another solution?