Note: I reported bug on this but they replied this is not a bug. Then following this logic I think there should be some ways to resolve this that I don't know. I would like to ask for help in blender stack exchange. I just try to paste the content from the bug report.
I made the attribute with label 'aa' and and the sum of the face area of each geometry. I wanted to reuse their attribute values collectively from another new node tree by creating the collection info. However, I cannot get the value from the instance "mode" but it only produces the corresponding values in "points mode" even if I specified them in "instance mode". It looks this is a bug
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- generate individually for each geometry a geonode to calculate the sum of its area
- store the attribute as name 'aa' with the stored named attribute
- and connect the sum attribute('aa') to the group output labelled as 'area'
- create the new node with collection info to try to reuse the 'aa'(sum of area of each node)
- try to get the value from the mode of instance but failed. It can only be retrieved with the mode of points!