How I can revert the position of a single vertex in a shape key to it's position in the Basis Shape Key?
Use Blend From Shape:
- Select all vertices whose positions you want to reset,
- Execute Blend From Shape, accessible from W, Ctrl-V or Mesh > Vertices menu,
- Set "Basis" as shape key to blend from (by default),
- Set blend factor to the maximum value 1.0 (by default),
- Uncheck Add, so only values from "Basis" will be blended in, effectively reverting all selected vertices' position.
Found an imperfect solution.
- Go to Edit mode.
- Select the Vertices you wish to reset.
- Select the shape key you want to modify.
- Use "Blend From Shape" from the specials menu (
Wkey on the 3D view while in edit mode)
- In the "blend from shape" tool properties select BASIS shape key.
- Blend to 1.0
- Turn OFF the "Add" checkbox
That should cancel out the effect of the current shape.
To create a new shape key from the basis:
You could set the Value of all the shape keys to
0, then press the button > New shape from mix:
Another option is to Mute the shape keys by pressing the eye icon:
To copy the location of a single Vertex:
One way is to manually copy the vertex location from the basis key to the shape key in question:
With the Basis key active, go into edit mode and select the vertex.
Copy (hover over the value you want to copy and press CtrlC) the coordinates in the Properties panel (N in the 3D view) > Transform > Vertex.
Select the shape key and paste the coordinates into the Properties > Transform > Vertex coordinates:
Note that you will have to do this three times, once for each coordinate.
Another way is by using a Vertex group:
Select the vertex(s) from which you want to preserve the location.
Invert the selection (CtrlI)
Create a new Vertex group, and assign it to the selection.
In the shape key, set the vertex group value under Blend to the new vertex group (note that this will only work if the Relative key is the Basis):
I had similar problem. Situation was that I couldn't change vertex groups. So to solve that problem there is an option. Select your vertices, Select shape key with right shape you want (base in this case), Go to mesh->Vertices->Shape propagate. Attention with this tool, it will move vertices to all Shape keys. It's more like reset, but to all others keys. If you want only for one shape key, you have to make a "backup copy" of your mesh and transfer only that one shape key. Hope that helps some.