I am trying to emulate wind blowing dust in a desert scene, and try as I might I cannot stop the particles falling through the emitter object (a simple terrain).
- The particle emitter is set to "size deflect" as per this answer: Particles fall through collision object ...and the solidify modifier also does not stop particles passing through the mesh.
- Gravity is turned down for the dust particles to 0.1
- The emitter has some damping and friction.
- I checked the normals and they are pointing the right way, so the particles are should be being emitted along them which is roughly globally Z in direction - as it should be.
- The size of the particle returned to its default size 0.05 as per another recommendation and the source object scaled up.
Is there ANY solution to this? Any other tips of hacks?