I've been using the 3D Print Toolbox Add-on in Blender to check for and fix non manifold edges and would like to automate the actions on a list of STL files. Right now I do the following:
- Import an STL into Blender
- Select the object
- Open the 3D Print Toolbox
- Use add on action under 3D-Print > Checks > Solid to check if the model has any non manifold edges
- If there are non manifold edges, click 3D-Print > Clean Up > Make Manifold to repair the object
- Blender then freezes while importing, checking, repairing, and exporting the file without a progress indicator or notification of success/failure which leads to a lot of manual checking if Blender has finished and "unfrozen" :(
Actions I perform are all the same in every case and I have a filepath for every STL I process. I looked at the 3D-Print addon code and have some programming knowledge but haven't found any resources on automating addon actions in Blender.
What would be the best way for me to automate this check and repair of STLs? Thanks!