Below is an example of what I'm talking about.
My constraints are as follows:
- My mesh is using the subdivision surface modifier.
- I have to use support loops rather than edge creases.
- I have to reduce the amount of polygons in the mesh.
- There is an existing square face, and I want to extrude within that area without changing the topology outside of that area.
So my question is:
- What does the ideal topology look like in this situation, assuming those constraints?
- What's the most efficient way to create it, starting with a square face? Are there any addons that can help?