I have a blender 3.4 file with a cloth animation.
- I run the simulation in the Layout panel : it works.
- I render the whole animation : It work(ed).
Then I tried to add baking. It didn't go the way I wanted, so I removed the baking.
- Now the simulation still runs propery in the Layout panel, BUT
- The rendered animation is all broken: Each frame is "mixed" with the vertices of the first frame. I can distinctly see the shape of frame 1 in every subsequent frame.
I tried :
- I tried the obvious : "Delete all bakes" followed by "Bake all dynamics".
- "Delete all bakes", followed by : Go to frame 1, then "render to frame".
- Close and re-open Blender.
What's going on? (See picture : top-left = the expected result, middle = you can see the two frames "mixed" together, right = my bake settings)
Please note that it says "X frames in cache" because it recalculates them every time I play the animation in the Layout panel.
Extra troubleshooting : Around the time the issue appeared, I Changed the FPS (12 instead of 24) and the "step" setting (4 instead of 1). I also did a time remapping (100 to 200). When I saw that I was having problems I reverted every changed to original values.