I'm trying to adjust a volumetric texture on a torus object.
Some details on this object:
- The material is a volume whose density is driven by a texture.
- This texture is a procedural one such as marble/musgrave.
- This texture is mapped on the object (the torus) with a tube projection.
My problem is that I whish to position and stretch this texture tangentially around the torus and I didn't manage to get this result. I tried many settings and I didn't succeed.
Here are some results I obtained :
And nearly what I would like :
I thought that in a tube projection, the y coordinate was the angle of rotation but I think I didn't undertand how Blender projection system is working.
I also tried to change the projection system to sphere and the mapping coordinates to global but it didn't work
My questions are :
- Have you ever succed to apply a texture tangentially (or radially) on any object ?
- Do you have some hints/explanations on the blender projection system (especially tube and spheric projection) ?
- Do you know other ways to do that ?