I am creating a model structure for Unity. However I cannot export anything that contains a second level of children without it's position rotation or even the hierarchy would not be messed up.
I want to create static model (so no fancy animations, or anything) which contains it's spare parts in a hierarchy. Lets say a chair, whit the sitting plane as the parent object, the legs and the back holding columns are children, and the back plane is child of the holding column.
So it is like this:
+ sitting plane + leg + leg + leg + leg + backPlaneHolder + empty1 + backPlaneHolder + backPlane
When I export it to FBX, no matter how, either the position, rotation or the hierarchy will be messed up.
I really cant find a way to export my model... well... as it is, without messing it up.
What I already tried:
- Exporting and reimporting it to blender, but even the imported model looks different.
- I applied transform on them, so everything is in 0,0,0 rotation, 1,1,1 scale.
- Also worth to mention that the hierarchy also contains two empty plain axes.
- Normal Object parenting messing up the position and rotation of child's child.
- Vertex parenting messing up the hierarchy, but keeps the position and rotation.
TLDR: I want to find a way to export a model which has a child which also has a child without either child's rotation/position or hierarchy would be messed up.