I made my first 3d model which I'd like to print, but I am experiencing issues with the solidifying part.
My model looks like this:
When I import it to FlashPrint (The slicer I use), it looks like this: As you can see, something is wrong with some parts of the model and it appears glitchy. It doesn't give me a warning when I import the model.
It still looks fine, but as soon as I slice it, the glitchy parts are completely ignored and removed. This looks like this:
If anyone could help me to make my model printable, that would be great. I am not entirely sure how to include the .blend file to this post, but let's hope it worked and it's attached somewhere.
Thanks in advance!
Your mesh looks like this ...
- Face Orientation mismatch
- not a single mesh (three parts)
- overlapping faces
The easiest would be to start from scratch:
- Add torus, sphere (like 64 sides), delete half
- Select loops on torus and sphere with (Alt+Shift+click), search for Bridge Edge Loop. Like this also middle part will be red (continues inner side).
- Add Solidify > Even Thickness. Top edge jumps up, apply modifier and fix it manually (by adding one edge loop and reposition.