I'm fairly new to blender but I've been making animations with Greasepencil for a while and haven't had this issue yet. I'm rendering a large video as a png sequence (5000+ frames) with eevee. About 2800 frames were rendered perfectly, but the rest of them showed up as completely blank transparent images. I thought the problem might be the storage on my computer, but after deleting plenty of other animation files and resetting my computer, the same images failed to render. From what I can tell, there's no difference between the frames that rendered and the frames that didn't. Here's an image of my settings.
Alright, I figured it out and am posting the answer in here in case anyone has the same problem.
I think Blender had some kind of limit on how many frames I could render at a time in a project. I'm not sure why, but I was able to render the broken frames by copying the project, deleting the keyframes for what I had already rendered, and then rendering the broken parts.
I put those PNG files in a separate folder, then went back to my original Blend project and added the frames to the video editor.