I joined several meshes into one using Ctrl + J.
When I assign a Boolean modifier with difference operation to my mesh - some parts of it just disappear. I've already checked double vertices and inverted normals.
What could be wrong with that?
This happens because of boolean algorithm gets buggy when you are trying to apply Difference operation to meshes that basicly consists of 2 or more joined meshes. You can pass through it following next stepps:
- Select crystal mesh and press TAB to enter Edit Mode
- Press A to select everything
- P > Separate > By Loose Parts to break it down into separate meshes
- Repeat Boolean Difference operation with desired meshes and apply boolean modifiers by hovering mouse cursor over modifier and pressing Ctrl + A
- Select all desired meshes and press Ctrl + J to join them back
- If you want to keep Boolean procedural, left modified meshes separately and join rest of them