Hello again dear community,
Here is a very basic setup in which:
- I Created a cube (as test geometry).
- I separated the faces by splitting the edges and scale them down a bit with "Scale Elements" node.
- I've capture the faces normals for each point.
- I Created curves from the faces with "Mesh to Curves" node, indexes get shuffled around a this stage which is expected since spline points need be connected in sequential order in a loop).
- I captured the new normals and they are different from the original normals.
I need to transfer (or align rotation) of the new curve normals with the faces normals.
I figured I might need to used the "Set Curve Tilt" node but how can I calculate the tilt angle needed for such alignment, I find this confusing since some normals need to be rotated on more than one axis apparently (index 8-11 in the spreadsheet for example)
To simplify the question what should I plug in the tilt socket that will make the "FixedNormal" column in the spreadsheet Match the "Desired normal" column in the spreadsheet in this setup. I need a way to determine if its 0, -90, 90, 180 or 180 degrees for every spline point.