I want to know something. Under Layout Workspace I can see many modes(object, edit, sculpt etc). Again there are separate workspace like Modeling, sculpting!

what Object mode under layout workspace exactly is?

what is the difference in staying object mode (Layout)press Tab and go to edit mode.


going to modeling workspace from layout workspace's object mode?

Is edit mode in layout same as Modeling workspace?

enter image description here

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Please use proper tags for your questions. The blender-internal-render-engine is for questions about the legacy render engine Blender Internal that was shipped with Blender 2.79 and earlier versions.If you have questions about the user interface please use the corresponding tag $\endgroup$ Commented Jun 27, 2022 at 5:27

1 Answer 1


Edit mode, whether you are in the Layout workspace or in the Modeling workspace, is exactly the same.

Edit mode, Object mode, Sculpt mode, etc, determine how you will interact with the object, while workspaces like Layout, Modeling, Sculpting, etc, are just different organizations of the interface windows, they are supposed to be better adapted to your needs when you want to model, sculpt, etc.

Of course depending on the workspace you choose your object may automatically switch to Edit interaction mode or Sculpt mode, etc, but it will be the exact same mode as if you'd stayed in any workspace and switched the interaction mode to Edit or Sculpt.

Actually you can ignore the different workspaces, stay into the Layout workspace and reorganize the windows as you want.

  • $\begingroup$ HI, Is that Durate Ramos guy a bot/ he kept pasting that below my question! :@ Each time I picked that tag! what's wrong with him? $\endgroup$ Commented Jun 27, 2022 at 5:33
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ @RussianBlue 1: He is no bot. 2: He keeps pointing that out because you use it although you're questions are not about rendering (especially not with the legacy render engine). 3: Yes, your question is about the user interface, but that was nowhere in your tags. 4: Stop entering "blend" in the tag search field, since this site is about Blender all tags are Blender related - use something like "interface" if it's about the interface. $\endgroup$ Commented Jun 27, 2022 at 6:58
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @RussianBlue Yes, you have to get used to it, that's okay. But how should you get used to it if nobody points that out? And if you repeat the error he needs to repeat pointing it out...? $\endgroup$ Commented Jun 27, 2022 at 7:00
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ @RussianBlue No, don't pick "Blender Internal"... this is what you've been told now several times not to do. Blender Internal Render Engine is an old render engine which isn't used anymore so you're question is not about it unless you are working with a very old version of Blender. I gave you an example: if you're asking about the interface, search for "interface", not "blender". Or "ui" or "user", in each case the search suggests interface with the description: Questions pertaining to Blender's user interface, such as theming, scripting and operating the interface. $\endgroup$ Commented Jun 27, 2022 at 7:08
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @L0Lock Ok I'm going to reformulate $\endgroup$
    – moonboots
    Commented Jun 27, 2022 at 8:39

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .