I am trying to pass a geometry nodes output attribute (an integer) to the shader editor to control the offset of an image sequence. I have succesfully done this to pass the attribute and change , ie: the color in the shader. But, As the image sequence offset does not have an input... I have tried to do so using Drivers... but I am missing something about how to pass the attribute to the frame offset I havent found any answer searching.. any help? regards
How to expose geometry nodes result as driver inputs:
- Compute some value in geometry nodes. In this case it's going to be a frame offset, so I calculate some integer number.
- The mesh only has a single vertex. You could output multiple values in different vertices, but for simplicity I'll stick to 1 vertex only.
- Add the mesh vertex to a Vertex Group.
- Add an Empty object. This will be the thing that the driver can actually use.
- Add a Copy Location constraint to the Empty. Set the single-vertex-mesh as target and the vertex group. Now the Empty will follow the position of our single vertex, which in turn encodes the frame value we want to output.
- Finally add a driver to the image sequence node as before. Use the Empty object's X position as the driver variable. Now you can change the values in geometry nodes, the Empty will follow the vertex position, and the driver will change the sequence offset accordingly.