I don't know if this is intended on Blender 3.1.2, but I am working on a model and when I try to hide with the sub-surf modifier on it doesn't hide the surface. The vertices no longer select-able but still visible in the view port. The vertices under the model surface are select-able but the body doesn't hide until I turn the sub-surf modifier off with the View port off button in the modifiers. The vertices I am working on were created off a surface using Duplicate but are not their own Object. I was trying to keep the sub-surf modifier on while working on the duplicated area. Pictures and replication as follows:
- New project cube
- Enter Edit Mode
- Duplicate (Shift+D) top face of cube of cube and place a small distance over cube
- Apply the subdivision-surface modifier
- Verify modifier boxes are selected (cage, viewport, etc)
- Select all faces of cube and Hide (H)
- The cube is still visible and no vertices/edges/faces are select-able, except the face that was duplicated.
- Click the View port button on the sub-surf modifier and the cube disappears but now the duplicated face no longer has the modifier.
Is this a bug or as designed?