- Use the offset in the Fluid Simulation Panel to read in 1 or more frames for the 3D View Window. Reuse the mesh data created from a fluid simulation. A Read Only status is desired.
Current Flawed State
- The offset has worked periodically and is under suicide watch. That is an [update]. When the offset is changed I may see nothing even when going to a different frame. The default zero value works. Sometimes the cache mesh is deleted unexpectedly, apparently I know the magical sorcery to do so.
Actions Taken Thus Far
- File Import
- Use [.obj] file format for mesh creation in the cache panel.
- Less preferable. Export the data to .obj format using the export menu choice.
- Import the .obj file format data created above from the file menu. This converts a single frame .obj file to a mesh. This has more Read Only behavior. At the moment this has some value.
- Duplicate a fluid domain in the same scene. This does not provide read only capability. Append library possible.
An offset number exists in the UI for fluid simulation.. I have not used it successfully. I do not see a UI for using a driver with this data. Other items nearby do have the [add driver] menu choice.
I want to use a portion of a completed fluid simulation. Files have been copied and renamed.
Is there a way to tell Blender to [Read Only] the mesh data? Never delete any data files.
The User can copy a fluid domain and repeat the display.