I'm learning procedurally generated shaders, and have a few questions related to Object/uv coordinates. I'm having some problems with stretching and an obvious seem. I've been messing around with this for enough time so I thought I'd see if I could get some help on this.
I would like these patterns to be evenly distributed with no stretching or warping.
- For the stretching issue using object coordinates, I've tried remapping the vector and messing around with the scale.
- For the uv seem, I've tried uv unwrapping a few different ways.
- Preferred results for Object coordinate:
- The pattern behaves similarly to uv coordinates where it isn't stretched and the scale looks correct.
- Preferred result for UV coordinate:
- Hide the seem so if I increase the scale of the pattern or rotation the seem doesn't show.
I'd love to use Object coordinates as it looks like the best solution for manipulation of the pattern. Just the stretching is a major issue haha