Context: I modeled a phone stand on Fusion 360 with the purpose of 3d printing it. I want to add texture to the object so it looks like wood.
Here are my steps:
- Import STL file into Blender
- Remesh in Voxel mode
- Select all in the mesh (pressing A)
- UV -> Smart UV Project (http://is.am/5zwh)
- Add a displacement modifier
- Create new texture from an image (for the displacement)
- Change coordinates to UV and select the created UV Map
- Set a strength, and then I have a nice object where every face has the surface:
Say I want this texture to be applied to only some parts of my model. For instance, I don't want the texture to be applied to the base of the object, or to the faces inside the whole.
How do I tell blender not to apply any texture to a set of faces, or to a specific uv mapping island?