I want to add a decal to my model, which has a procedurally generated metallic car paint shader. To help myself with easy changing of the decals, i don't want to add decals as image textures and with UVs. Hovewer the result looks like the image is not entirely transparent. I am using cycles.
I have prepared decals, that are saved in PNG file.
- Made sure that the alpha in the background is completely equal to 0 (select whole background in GIMP, delete).
- Import "Image as planes" - alpha set to 'straight'. Scaled and rotated, etc.
- Added Subdivision (Lev 6) and Shrinkwrap
- Added small offset to the Shrinkwrap
- Node setup as follows
- Tried changing offset value (even to 1mm) of shrinkwrap, settings of the shader (including setting IOR to 1) and light paths. Then reseted everything to default values and posted here.
It seams like the transparent layer of my decal is interacting somehow with the metallic shader underneath... Does anybody have any idea what is happening?
Thank you guys!
PS. In viewport shading it looks perfect.
PS2. Updated Link