I have a scene that I'm trying to make work in both Eevee and Cycles. When rendering with Eevee, I need some additional light objects to fake some of the lighting. Is there a good way to set those lights to be Eevee-only so that they aren't rendered when using Cycles?
Summary: setup the light as desired in Eevee then switch to Cycles and disconnect its Light Shader Node output (which is ignored by Eevee).
- Add the light in Eevee
- Switch to "Cycles" Render Engine in the Render Properties panel
- Select the light in the Outliner and in the Light properties, click "Use Nodes"
- Go to the Shader Node Editor
- disconnect the Surface input socket from the Light Output node
- switch back to Eevee mode in the Render Properties panel
If you set the lamp to use nodes, you can specify in the
Light Output node for which render engine it will be used. By default, it is set to
All, so what you can do is to duplicate your node tree, have one
Light Output for each render engine, and set the Cycles one to use a zero strength
Emission shader. Like so: