Hi! I chroma keyed a green screen video in DaVinci Resolve, then imported it with
Image As Plane into a blender scene as an Emission node so it’s not affected by lights in the scene (I just change emission strength to match the scene).
In DaVinci, the key is fine, and there is no weird dark outline. But when imported into Blender, it looks like the following:
And here's the node tree:
Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? The only thing I can think of is that there’s something wrong with the codec I used to export the keyed video from DaVinci, or something’s up with Blender.
And for all this:
- I’m using Blender 2.93, and cycles.
- I set the video’s Material Properties → Viewport Dispaly → Settings → Blend and shadow modes both to Alpha Clip.
- I turned the light paths max bounces all the way up to 5+ for everything. Even though there’s nothing that would get in the way to prevent light from passing through, etc
- I set Light paths → Clamping both to 0.
- I set the alpha in my video’s node in the Shading tab’s N-panel to both Straight, and Premultiplied.
- I messed with every material setting that had a positive value, and it changes nothing.
- In DaVinci, I used the GoPro CineForm RGB-16 bit codec with Alpha export on, and that’s the only codec with an alpha channel available for me on this computer, so I can’t test other options.