One of my favorite techniques in Blender is editing vertex normals to make stylized trees like in this article: link
The technique works in a nutshell like this:
- create leaves texture and model in shape of three quads
- create a blob and add particle system on it, use leaves object as source
- turn particles into independent objects, join it all into one object
- increase the size of the blob
- add data transfer modifier to the leaves and change vertex normals so they point outwards towards the blob
I'm trying to replicate this in geometry nodes of 3.0, but I got stuck on the last step. So, using geometry nodes 3.0, can I adjust vertex normals so they point outwards of the shape for this 'stylized shading'.