I can't seem to find any videos explaining how to make something like this. All I find are videos on how to make fluid flow from something. Basically basic fluid stuff. But I'm wondering if this effect can be done in blender at all and if so please send me a video link. I don't know what it's properly called, so I'm not sure how to look it up.

enter image description here

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ It can certainly be done, but probably not with a fluid sim. I'm thinking along the lines of vector displacement or geo nodes. $\endgroup$
    Commented Oct 10, 2021 at 3:19
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Reminds me of this: blender.stackexchange.com/a/153181/33589 $\endgroup$
    – Ron Jensen
    Commented Oct 10, 2021 at 3:28
  • $\begingroup$ In physics, that would be an example of field based attraction, like the attraction of iron filings to a magnet, so I'd look for things like magnetic attraction in my search $\endgroup$ Commented Oct 10, 2021 at 13:43
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Can you give this question a proper title? Titles like "how to model this?" or "is it possible to make this in blender?" are really meaningless. What is "this"? It's as bad as this answer: "Yes, it is possible." (i.sstatic.net/XKTOU.gif ;-) $\endgroup$
    – Blunder
    Commented Oct 11, 2021 at 23:43


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .