So I've got two groups of assets in my Blender file:
- An animation with associated objects
- A set of static objects that will be attached in Unreal
I'm exporting these to FBX in two separate groups, and importing them as such, so I can keep the animation together and move the statics separately.
The animation gets imported to UE4 with a 100x scale modifier. I have absolutely no idea where that's coming from, I can't seem to edit it, but it actually results in a correctly-sized object so whatever.
The statics, however, don't get that 100x modifier so they're tiny relative to the animated structure, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to increase their scale.
I've tried all of the following, none of which has any effect on the scale of the statics:
- Applying scale before export
- Including a scale modifier in the "Transform" section during FBX export
- Toggling "Apply Unit" on and off (I don't even remember what it was originally, I've tried both ways)
- Switching "Apply Scalings" from "All Local" to "FBX All"
- Setting "Import Uniform Scale" in UE4 to 100 during import
- Enabling and disabling "Convert Scene Unit" in UE4
Absolutely none of those things did anything and I feel like I'm losing my mind here.
This is my export and import settings as they currently are, though like I said I've tried all sorts of random things here: