Hi, I'm using Blender 2.93. I have some video footage I exported with DaVinci Resolve. It has has an alpha channel. When I load it back into DV, it shows it truly has an alpha channel because I can put anything under it, and it acts as you'd expect: like a PNG with transparency in areas I want, but in video form.
Then when I load it into Blender as an image sequence:
Add -> Image -> Images As Planes, and make sure the
Use alpha and
Auto refresh are both on... The video imports with a black background where it should be transparent, but the rest of the video is fine.
WHAT I'VE TREID
- Everything I said above.
- The images as planes docs
- This thread with a similar problem, though with PNG's. Not working either.
- Exporting the alpha with premultiply and straight.
- Ian Hubert's YouTube video. And oddly, none of my video's icons are transparent as his are... Mine show black where they should be transparent, even though the transparency works in DV.
- This youtube video showing his footage having no black screen.
- Going to
Properties -> Render properties -> Film -> Transparent on.
- In the
Shadingtab, the alpha output of the video is connected to the alpha of the Pirncipled BSDF.
I'm wondering if this is some video codec issue?? The video is a
.mov file with a
DNxHR 444 12-bit codec, which Blender might be incompatible with?