hello, so I've build this house and I want to add a round window below the roof. Kind of reached a bottleneck here and don't know what to do, youtube tutorials aren't very helpful.. What should I do in order to accomplish that red circle into my wall. It can't be added with the circle tool because I want to use "E"-Key inward to give it a window effect, so it must be drawn onto the wall. Thx for replies!
There are a few approaches to this. I'm going to describe the non-destructive Boolean workflow.
- Create a cylinder matching the radius of your circle and rotate it so it is perpendicular to the wall.
- Position it so that is passes through the wall where you want the circle.
- Go to its Object properties and under Viewport Display change "Display As" to wire.
You have just created what is called a cutter. Next the cutter is applied to create the hole:
- In object mode, select the object that has your wall in it and add a Boolean modifier
- Make sure its type is set to Difference
- Select the cylinder as the Object (I named my cylinder "cutter")
- You may have to change the Solver to Fast
You should end up with something that looks like this:
another way to do this:
- if you have subdivided your wall, select 9 vertices like this:
- mesh -> transform to sphere or Shift - Alt-S 1
- do the same on the other side and select both "circles"
Hint: the more subdivisions you had before, the rounder the hole will be.