The only way I know how to make a cylindrical shell is to
- ShiftA, Cylinder, to insert a cylindrical mesh.
- ShiftA, Cylinder, to insert another cylindrical mesh.
- SZ2Enter, to double the height of the second cylinder.
- SShift+Z0.5Enter, to halve the diameter of the second cylinder.
- Right Click the first cylinder, click the wrench icon, Add Modifier, Boolean, Difference, Cylinder 001 (or whatever the skinny cylinder's name is), Apply.
- Right Click the second cylinder, x to delete it.
Does anyone know easier ways of making a cylindrical shell, preferably out of a single circular mesh or cylinder?