I'm having an issue with baking a normal map. Steps to repeat (this is likely a bug, so may not be repeatable.)
- I made a new material and assigned it to the model being baked.
- I added Principled Shader.
- I connect to Material Output. Principle Shader has NO inputs.
- I place an Image Texture node, linked to a Normal Map I wish to update: "Player_Skin_N"
- I select the Image Texture "Player_Skin_N", ensuring it is highlighted with a white box.
- I bake the image.
- RESULT: "Player_Skin_AO" receives the bake result instead. I have unlinked the data block, closed Blender, deleted and remade the only material using this texture, created an Assigned a new material. Nothing works. No matter what I try to bake, it goes to the same bake target "Player_Skin_AO" and I seem to be unable to deselect it (it's not highlighted or actively selected in node editor, and at this point, it isn't in ANY material in the project, or even on any node graph at all. It's just in memory somewhere.
But the short version: I can't get Blender to bake to anything except that single target.
Other attempt to fix the issue:
I duplicated tab "UV Editing" and deleted the original, hoping it might work (does when Sculpts stop rendering in Sculpt tab ocassionally.)
I have not found a way to continue working within this project as I can only bake to that same target, and nothing else.
I was able to fix this by doing the following: Open Blender, WHILE it is open, rename the source file in my File Explorer (externally), then attempt to Reload the image in Image Editor.
This caused the image to become "uninitialized." After doing so, I made new iterations of the same image, and can now bake to other Image Textures. I do not know what went wrong. This is how I got around it, though. In case anyone else runs into this.