I'm trying to do something similar to the lights around the edge of the Vegas sign, which would be really easy with the Cloner in c4d... I don't want them to deform (so Array + Curve seems to be no good) and I've tried cobbling something together in Geometry Nodes but I can't get the objects to align to the path normals: they all face the same way. Some solutions I've seen suggest doing it with Python - surely that's not necessary??
- Move the 3D cursor to the origin.
- Create a plane. In edit mode scale it down so it's about the size of the base of one of your lights.
- Create a light, move it around in edit mode so sits on the plane from step 2.
- Parent the light to the plane. Then set the light to hidden.
- Create your Bezier curve path.
- Add an array modifier to the plane. Set it to "fit to curve," using the curve from step 5. Change from "relative offset" to "constant offset" and set the x value to the distance you want between lights.
- Add a curve modifier to the plane using the curve from step 5.
- In the plane's Object Properties, set Instancing to "Face".