What is good topology for 2D anim depends on how this animation should looks like. There is many technique and styles so for example you can try
model cut into several parts driven manually or armature. For this kind there is awesome addon Cut-Out Animation Tools, that make it very easy to work with (includes script to generate parts from Photoshop or Inkscape layers in proper position and ready to import to blender with click to generate armature).
Very powerful anim tool set with many options of creation and animation, frame by frame, using sculpt mode , or armature as well ... example one of many
For some kind of animation could be helpful to use triangulated topology. There was a script for Blender 2.49 that I can't even find. But similar feature is a part of great BlenderGIS addon, but it doesn't generate point cloud for triangulation (as the old one) it just connects the points. So to get Delaunay work you have to generate a point cloud first.
I'm sure there has to be a simple script that can do this in a one click, but in meantime here is one solution ...
Download, install, enable BlenderGIS addon
Select SVG curve convert to mesh like Ctrl+A Visual Geometry to Mesh
- In Geometry Node editor add New, add Point Distribution node type Poisson Disk and merge original mesh with points by Join Geometry node as shown bellow
- Apply Geometry Node modifier under Properties editor > Modifiers
- Search for GIS Delaunay (or go to 3D view editor top row menu > GIS > Mesh > Delaunay)
- Poison Disk can be generated also by addon Point Cloud Visualizer
- Delaunay can be generated also by Archipack addon under Terrain
- or there was a Point Cloud Skinner addon, but v0.18 works only for blender 2.83 not 2.9x
- I saw some technique of delaunay triangulation based on Voronoi pattern (out of blender)