I have a complex question, so bear with me. I have 3 primaries, 3 secondaries, and 3 melees. I want a system where you can swap between primary, secondary, and melee when each of which can have a different weapon. I have a very simple .blend to get you started; all it is is basically a camera, and 3 types of primary, secondary, and melee; they all have animations and have different colors to help you. Here is a list of things I want with this system:
- "Weapon Active" property; each weapon will have its own ("Smg1Active," "Smg2 Active," ...), and this will be used in such a way, for example, when a certain weapon is active, this property will be set to 1, and will allow me to make the character move faster and slower based on which item is active.
- Live weapon swap: If you are selecting the primary, and suddenly the primary is smg2 instead of smg1, I want the start animation for smg2 to occur; smg2 to be active, and smg1 to be gone.
- Invisibility: This is fairly simple, but when an item is not active I want it to be invisible, as I do not want other cameras to see guns floating.
- Properties: I want the following properties: "Primary" (Set to 1 when primary is active); "Secondary" (Same but for secondary); "Melee" (Same but for melee); "PrimaryID" (Each weapon has its own id, as in smg1's id is 1, smg2's id is 2, and so forth); "SecondaryID" (Same but for secondary); "MeleeID" (Same but for melee).
- Everything clean: Try to keep everything nice, and not scattered everywhere.
I know that is fairly hard, but I tried so many things but always failed. Try to explain your work very neatly. I want to always be able to go back, and edit it with ease. Thank you for your time!