I can make blender 2.79 sit up and beg but I'm coming up to speed on 2.91 and the learning curve is... significant. Today's problem:
I have a model with a UV diffuse texture and I can't get the texture to show up in 3D view. It's just black.
- 3D view is showing materials, render pass "Diffuse Color". This is working for other meshes in scene.
- Mesh has a "Principled BDSF" shader with "CGX" and "Christiansen/Burley"
- Shader has my texture as the base color
- Texture file shows correctly in the UV editor. UV shows up correctly in Edit mode.
- Switching the texture to one which is showing up correctly on another mesh has no effect. This mesh still shows up as black.
I've checked the shader in the materials panel and also in the shader editor. It looks right, and it looks the same as the other meshes that are working.
Texture does show if I switch the 3D view to "render" but that's slow and I have another problem which I think this problem is causing, so I have to solve it. (When I bake the texture from this model to another, it shows up black.)
I've run out of things to try. Any ideas?
Screenshot showing the model selected, some other models in the same scene showing correctly, the image that should be shown, and the materials panel.