I have followed every tutorial regarding text to mesh conversion and the topology cleanup but no matter what i try (remesh with smooth, solidify, shade smooth)
No tutorial could help me fix this issue, all of them show the same procedure, is there a step in between I can add to fix this?
My goal is to turn and twist the mesh smoothly, so a dense mesh is not the problem for me, the non-smooth translation however is..
Anyone who can help?
EDIT Blend File:Text to Mesh Blender file
Appreciate your time!
Okay so I almost got it!
this time I did the following:
- Remove all effects from the text (all bevel and extrudes).
- convert to mesh.
- add decimate modifier and select planar -apply it.
- add another decimate this time select collapse and reduce just so u have the amount of letters in the face count e.g. if your word has 4 letters u want to end up with a face count of 4. this ensures that your have clean outlines for each letter.
- go do edit mode, select all and extrude, make them as thick as you want.
- while in edit mode, click on mesh > normals > recalculate outside.
- Usually you only have to shade smooth now and it should look smooth but that where i am confused why the shading is still so weird.
I wanted to use this as a new starting point since this ensures the cleanest amount of faces to work with.