Trying to render a scene with a UFO with god rays coming out the bottom.
Working in Blender 2.9
In my viewport it has light
But in my render it doesn't
To get the god rays, I added a hole at the bottom of the UFO, and added a spotlight inside the UFO.
I then added a cube to surround that area, and gave it a volume scatter node like so:
My settings are:
- Light Paths > Max Bounces > Volume 5 (Tried 0 and 5, nothing happened)
- Increasing cube Density in the Volume Scatter node from .09 -> .15 (nothing happened)
- Toggled on and off Physical Atmosphere addon (nothing happened)
- Spotlight intensity: 100000 W
- Spotlight radius: 1.29 M (tried reducing to 0, nothing happened)
I also tried making the surrounding cube smaller, nothing happened
My render settings are: