How do i extrude an edge and then edge sliding it from the original direction it was extruded? [
- In Edit Mode, select the edge on the side in which direction you want to extrude and choose Normal in the Transform Orientation menu. EDIT: This step is obsolete since creating a custom orientation will automatically use the edge's orientation. I just did it to show it's pointing in the desired direction.
- In the Transform Orientation menu, create a new custom orientation by hitting the + symbol.
- Rename it to your likings (I've chosen 'parallel') and leave Use After Creation checked.
- With the new Transform Orientation selected (if not, choose from the list), select the edge you want to extrude, hit E > Y to extrude it along the custom orientation. If it's not Y, hit X or Z, whatever matches the correct orientation.
1. In edit mode, select the edge you want to extrude;
2. On the top bar, change the Transform Mode from Global to Local (This menu is right next to the Transform Pivot Point menu, on the top bar);
3. Press E to Extrude;
4. Press Y (or X or whatever axis you want to extrude along);