I have a sword handle and I want it centered below a completely differently object that has a face on the bottom with a vertex in the middle. I could also snap a central vertex to the other one but I don't know how. How can i do this?
You can use a helper object as the target location agent:
- Select the target face you want to snap to, CtrlH -> Hook to New Object, which will create a new empty object at the face center;
- select the target part and keep the target face active, be sure to use Acive Element as Pivot point;
- Turn on Snap tool, set Target Element to Vertex, and Snap Target to Active.
- Press G to move the selected part towards empty, Enter when it was successfully snapped as expected.
- Switch to Object mode, delete the empty, as well as the new created Hook modifier.
As shown in the GIF below:
- When creating the agent object, you can also do it by first ShiftCto snap 3D Cursor to the face, then ShiftA -> Empty. No Hook modifier will be created that way.
- When snapping, you may want to turn off the Limit Selection to Visible button (as I did in the GIF), or simply press Z to switch to Wireframe display mode. in order to see through it.