I'm trying to make and rig a human mesh but instead of faces I want the volume to be made out of lines, like the image below suggests, with the possibility of animating the lines, just make them wiggle constantly. Is this possible? and how can I do that? Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly or if this is too much work.
You can try Btracer add-on (distributed with Blender) ...
- Add Particle system to object (Source > Volume, Start/End 1, Physics > None)
- Enable add-on in Preferences, add-on located in 3D view editor Properties side panel (N) Create tab
- Choose Particle Connect tool
For the final result I did some cleaning.
- there were some wire connections with long distance. Hard to select in curve, so I decreased curve resolution to 1, Geometry Extrude to zero, Convert object to Mesh, select edges manually with Circle select (C) or select few and search for Select Similar > Length, Delete (X). Convert back to Curve, switch type to Bezier, Handle type Automatic.
- particles are connected in visible parts, but it can be easily *Transform > * Randomize.
- for sketchy look use under *Curve Properties > Geometry > * Extrude (rather than Bevel > Depth)
To rig this thing can be easily done with the same mesh used for particle system.
- Add Displace modifier to expand a bit character (like a Michelin :) )
- Add MeshDeform modifier for curve object (Tracer)
This uses Add Curve Extra Objects which is bundled with Blender.Enable the add-on from preferences if not already enabled.
Select the object you wish to fill, and select Bounce Spline from the Spline Generator menu in the N panel. Then in the redo panel (F9 in the default keymap) adjust the parameters as you wish, and give the spline some thickness in the curve geometry settings.
See gif below: