I am testing out some materials and put together a simple wine scene from some downloaded assets.
This is the render:
Anyway, there are parts of the render that look pretty unnatural. I've pointed them out here:
- The wine glass bottoms are unnaturally reflective. They almost look like metal.
- There is some weirdness happening with the wine glass on the left.
- There is a lot of noise only in the wine bottle side where it is reflecting the wine glasses.
Example of the noisy reflections I'm talking about (this is even after Optix):
Here's the glass shader I'm using for the glasses:
Here is my render setup and light paths:
I've deliberately cranked the Gloss, Transparency, and Transmission values to 32 after watching a talk about rendering glass accurately here. I've deliberately disabled caustics because well, cycles sucks at them.
Anyway, my questions:
- How can I fix the unnatural reflections in the bottom of the wine glasses?
- How can I denoise the reflections on the sides of the wine bottles?
Thanks for reading and for any assistance!
Here is the blend file. I had to go with Dropbox because the file was too big for Blend-Exchange. Feel free to tinker with it and optimize anything.