I want to apply or use the same material for multiple objects. How can I do this without doing it per object ? The target objects already have their own materials and I don't want to override them. I just want to add new material slot and same material across multiple objects.
I can't use Ctrl+L to link material because it will replace existing material.
Any solution ?
The real case is, I'm building a house (3 floors) with basic furnitures. So I got many walls, floors, windows, doors, kitchen set , fence etc.
All these objects has their own basic material setup :
- wall : concrete, white paint
- door : wood panel, inox, black frame
- window : glass, inox ,black frame, alluminium
There is a unique wall (wall A) has a material i want to copy.
- wall A : concrete, white paint, SECTION
So I want to use this section material into all other objects on the scene (those other walls, doors, windows, kitchen set etc). There are many objects so I'm looking a way to apply this section material without manually applying per object. And I want to keep the existing material :
- wall : concrete, white paint, SECTION
- door : wood panel, inox, black frame, SECTION
- window : glass, inox ,black frame, aluminum, SECTION
I can't find a way to apply selected material to multiple objects without replacing the existing material.