I was making the tutorial of the "easy environment design " of Ducky 3D. I wanted to try to randomize the color of the arrayed cylinders' emission part. by info object node and color ramp. but I couldn't. shall anyone helps me?
A possible way to do it is to use UV offset from the array modifier (as mentioned by Gorgious, random per island is not implemented for Eevee).
From that we can use UV texture coordinates:
- Get X (U from UV) value
- Multiply it (just to tune randomness)
- Get cell value to have one color per arch
- Use Voronoi texture to have randomness (easier to tune than noise texture)
- Eventually map range to tune the result
- Plug it to a colorramp containing the colors you want