I have cut a hole in cylinder with boolean modifier. The problem is when I scale this object in Unity the hole gets bigger as we expect. I need to set this object so that I can scale only the outside of the cylinder. Can I restrict which parts should be scaled? Even when this is possible I don't know whether Unity will do the same thing. I'm new in Blender. Thanks for help!
Unity has only simple transform tools that cant handle this case. Blender can be used to prepare the object for this.
ShapeKeys are the way to go:
- Setup your object either totally "full" or "empty"
- Create a basis and a key (in Object Data properties)
- Select key and edit/scale your mesh with Shift + X to full/empty in Edit Mode.
- Export to unity as FBX.
- Import BlendShapes should be active by default
- In the Skinned Mesh Render > BlendShapes play with your keys
Important: the collider of your base object is static, transformations with BlendShapes have no affect on the collider.