The left ventricle of the heart has a prolate ellipse geometry. The thickness of the wall of the ellipse has several layers. To describe these layers, it is necessary to make a section of the ellipse wall. It would be great to do it in Blender. I appreciate the help for teaching cardiovascular medicine.
You could do it this way:
- Create a cube, subdivide it 3 times and in the Operator box give it a Smoothness value of 1:
- Cut the top half, scale on the Z axis:
- Cut a hole:
- Extrude all along the normals (AltE):
- Create some edge loop, both to sharp the edge and to give it different colors:
- Give it the colors, give it a Subdivision Surface modifier: