I watched a video of blender guru on adding stitching to a couch. He added a 2nd uv and overlaid a zbrush in the bump map and manually aligning the uv to match. Is there a way I can make a texture paint brush to paint a bump map on a stitch to easily add stitching. If so how do I do it and how do I create a texture of all the maps and UVs to import to unity. Any help is greatly appreciated.
It seems a bit tedious to paint a b&w stitch directly in Blender but you can:
- Create a stitch on a flat plane:
- Choose the top view, in Solid mode, in the Viewport Shading panel, choose Matcap and choose the normal matcap:
- In the View menu, choose Viewport Render Image:
- In an image editor, only keep the normal map image:
- Unwrap your object and use the image in an Image Texture plugged into a Normal map in order to create your stitch: