I Am looking for where to edit my material nodes but I can only find the render nodes. I have been looking for quite some time now. I cant find the material node editor.

This is 2.8 Help?

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ It's now called Shader Editor, is it what you're looking for? $\endgroup$ – moonboots Aug 19 '20 at 17:37
  • $\begingroup$ Oh duh. THank you! $\endgroup$ – GibThom Aug 19 '20 at 17:37

In Blender 2.8x you have the option to switch between workspaces for particular tasks. Blender already includes one for creating materials and it is called Shading. The workspaces are listed as tabs in the top bar.

Shading workspace tab

Shading workspace

The benefit of using/creating workspaces is that you don't have to change the layout, create areas or switch editor types for a particular step of your workflow. Instead you can simply switch to a different workspace that is already prepared for the task.

You can of course still change the editor type like in Blender 2.79 and earlier. The editor for materials is the Shader Editor.

Editor Type, Shader Editor

  • $\begingroup$ Thank you thank you! $\endgroup$ – GibThom Aug 21 '20 at 17:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.