Is there a way to add a socket of a specific type to group nodes? Currently, it seems that they default to grey scalar sockets, and I don't see any way to change their type.

enter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ Did you drag the wire from the BSDF/vector to the group output/input or vise-versa? $\endgroup$ – PGmath Nov 15 '14 at 18:29
  • $\begingroup$ Ahhh no.. I've been adding sockets with the little plus button on the side panel. $\endgroup$ – ajwood Nov 15 '14 at 18:30
  • $\begingroup$ Try dragging the wire to the empty circle node socket on the group node. $\endgroup$ – PGmath Nov 15 '14 at 18:37
  • $\begingroup$ Related: blender.stackexchange.com/q/5459/599 $\endgroup$ – gandalf3 Nov 16 '14 at 1:22

You need to connect the temporary socket (red) to the values you want to make available from outside the group.

enter image description here

When tab out of the group you will have all of them available for wiring with the correct type (indicated bei their color).

enter image description here

Note that you can't edit them later you would need to recreate the group.

  • $\begingroup$ You're too fast! I was just about to hit the "post answer" on mine! $\endgroup$ – PGmath Nov 15 '14 at 18:35
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @PGmath You should post alternative answers, we really to improve the answer ratio. $\endgroup$ – stacker Nov 15 '14 at 18:46
  • $\begingroup$ Answer ratio over the whole SE site, you mean? $\endgroup$ – ajwood Nov 15 '14 at 18:50
  • $\begingroup$ @ajwood We need all criterias green to promote and leave the beta status here: area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/40377/blender answer ratio is 1.4 required is 2.5 $\endgroup$ – stacker Nov 15 '14 at 18:52
  • $\begingroup$ Oh cool - kind of a silly metric though.. so many experts here give perfect answers within minutes :) $\endgroup$ – ajwood Nov 15 '14 at 19:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.